Puff pastry cheese rolls. Puff pastry, pork sausage and cream cheese are all that's needed! Disclosure: This post is sponsored by IOWA PORK PRODUCERS. Roll up like a jelly roll.
Ingredients of Puff pastry cheese rolls
- It’s 1 package of puff pastry.
- You need of Cheddar style cheese (any type you like).
- You need of Butter cream with blue cheese taste.
- Prepare 1 of yellow of an egg.
Swap the simple icing in this recipe for the cream cheese glaze used on this Skillet Red Velvet Pancake. Prepare your cinnamon and sugar mixture as directed. Roll out the puff pastry sheet and spread it with the pizza sauce. Add the ham on top and then sprinkle on the grated cheese.
Puff pastry cheese rolls instructions
- Cut approx 5 cm x 20 cm wide stripes of the puff pastry and wrap it around a wooden or metal handle of a cooking spoon. Put the yellow of the egg on it with a brush and bake till ready..
- If you butter up first the handle of the spoon that you are using, then it will be much easier to remove the ready puff pastry..
- When ready then take off the puff pastries carefully from the spoon and wait until they cool off.
- Fill the rolls with blue cheese taste buttercream and add shredded cheddar to the edges.
Roll the pastry back up as tightly and as compact as you can. Melt the butter in a frying pan over low heat. Add the onions and cook until just beginning to soften. Combine the onions with the cheese and parsley. Add to a bowl with the potato.