~Salmon in Pastry~. Trim any excess pastry from the ends, then fold the ends on top. Flip the puff pastry-wrapped salmon over and transfer for a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the beaten egg on the top and sides of the pastry.
Ingredients of ~Salmon in Pastry~
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 large of shallot or 1 small onion, diced.
- You need 4 1/2 oz of baby spinach,cooked and drained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ricotta or cottage cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need pinch of of grated nutmeg (optional).
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of sheets ready-rolled puff pastry from a 17.3 oz package.
- It’s 10 oz of salmon fillet, divided into four equal pieces (or however big you want it).
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
Spread butter mixture on top of salmon. Dip a pastry brush into beaten egg and let excess run off. Brush edges of pastry around salmon with egg. Salmon Wellington, also known as Salmon En Croute is a savory dish of seasoned salmon that is placed on a bed of cheesy sautéed spinach and wrapped into puff pastry dough.
~Salmon in Pastry~ step by step
- Melt the butter and saute the shallot or onion for 8-10 minutes,or until softened.Let cool in pan or transfer to a bowl..
- Squeeze out the moisture from the cooked spinach.Then chop it and add it to the onion, along with the ricotta/cottage,Parmesan, and nutmeg.Add salt and pepper.Mix all together well..
- Cut each pastry sheet on half.Then roll each piece about 6 in x 16 in..
- Place a portion of salmon on the pastry and top with the spinach mixture.Brush a little beaten egg around the salmon and fold the pastry over.Shape into anything you want and use scrap pastry for decoration..
- Brush with beaten egg and chill for 1 hour.Preheat the oven to 400°F. When taken out, brush with the egg again. Bake on a baking sheet for 25 minutes. When done, let cool for 3-4 minutes..
- You can double or triple the recipe depending who you are serving too..
Lastly, It is then brushed with egg wash and baked in the oven. This savory puff pastry recipe is a fancy dinner that anyone will appreciate. Cut the pastry into a rectangle double the size of your salmon plus a little extra,lightly score a line down the centre. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Spread mustard on top of the puff pastry and top with spinach, the salmon fillet and cheese sauce.