Soubeureg- Armenian Cheese Pastry. An authentic family recipe for this famous armenian pastry made of layers of sheets of dough and cheese. Kanafeh/Künefe (Sweet Cheese Pastry) Recipe : A pastry consisting of hot cheese in between layers crispy shredded phyllo dough in a sweet syrup that is common in Greece, Turkey, Israel and many other countries in the area. Take pan out of fridge and then cut raw layers into squares inside pan (cut all the way through).
Ingredients of Soubeureg- Armenian Cheese Pastry
- You need of For the Dough:.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour, or more as needed according to eggs size.
- It’s of For the Filling:.
- You need 600 g of akkawi cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare of For the Baking:.
- Prepare 200 g of butter, or more as needed.
This layered pastry combines three different kinds of Armenian cheese that highlights the freshness and greenery of the mountains. As you bite into this deliciousness, you can see the creamy cheese oozing out so decadently from the. Soubeureg Soubeureg is an Armenian pie made with melted cheese and flaky pastry. Despite tasting indulgent and delicious, it also has a light quality.
Soubeureg- Armenian Cheese Pastry instructions
- To prepare the filling, cut the cheese into slices and soak them in water overnight. The next day, drain the cheese from water for around 15 minutes and leave on a fabric to dry, for about 2 hours. Then grate them..
- Mix the grated akkawi cheese with parsley and butter. This will be the filling. Set it aside..
- To prepare the dough, whip the eggs with salt then add the flour and knead well to get a soft and firm dough. Add water if needed.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls and place the balls on a flat surface far from each other. Cover and leave them to settle in a cold place..
- Flatten each ball into a very thin dough sheet of 35cm diameter in size and then place the sheets over each other and cover them..
- While preparing the dough sheets, place 20 cups of water and 3 tsp of salt in a large saucepan over heat and leave to boil..
- Place each dough sheet in the boiling water for 30 seconds then remove it and immerse in cold water immediately. Then place it on a fabric to dry well..
- To prepare the soubeureg, coat a 40cm pan with butter and put the first dough sheet in it. Coat it with butter then place the second sheet on top and coat it with butter. Repeat the procedure until the 6th dough sheet..
- After placing the 6th dough, spread the filling on top. Then repeat the process of layering the dough sheets and butter until the dough sheets are finished..
- After finishing, coat the surface of the last sheet with butter then cut the soubeureg into cubes of 7*8cm and bake in the oven on 375⁰fahrenheit (190⁰celcius)..
- You can add more butter to the soubeureg during the baking to prevent it from drying..
- Serve the soubeureg hot..
At Mayrig, it is made with three types of cheese. Seal the dumplings by gathering the edges of the dough and pinching them together at the top to form a bundle. Transfer the finished manti to a floured plate, and sprinkle more flour over the manti. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Food, Recipes. Turkish Savory Pastry with spinach, red pepper and cheese "Pogacoh" we call, these are very traditional breakfast or tea time treats in Turkey and have different kinds of fillings : cheese, potato, ground meat,spinach.