Chicken Pot Puff Pastry. Press a sheet of aluminum foil right onto pastry. Stir in the chicken, carrots, peas, onions, and parsley. Unfold a sheet of puff pastry on top of the chicken and vegetable mixture and cut the pastry to fit the dish.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Puff Pastry
- It’s 1 lb of chicken tenders, cut into chunks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 can of peas.
- You need 1 of red potato.
- Prepare 8 of baby carrots.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mayo.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 1 of puff pastry sheet.
- It’s 1 TSP of onion powder.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
This recipe is for a traditional chicken pot pie with puff pastry crust. This is a recipe that I have made for many years but with a fun spin! You can save time making this pot pie but boiling the chicken and veggies while you work on the gravy. Making a pot pie doesn't have to take that long!
Chicken Pot Puff Pastry step by step
- In a skillet add butter and chicken. Cook until no longer pink, add a pinch of salt, pepper and the onion powder.
- In a bowl combine soup, mayo, half and half and sour cream. Mix well.
- Boil chopped potatoes and carrots in a pot for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400. In a round casserole dish mix all ingredients together and cover with puff pastry. I cut my pastry round to fit the bowl. Cover all of the dish. At this time, if you want your puff pastry to have that shiny top.. crack an egg into a bowl and whisk it, then using a brush, brush it over the top of pastry. Cook in oven until puffed up and browned, about 30-35 minutes.
- BAM!! Hope you love this one..
Chicken Pot Pies with Puff Pastry Chicken Pot Pies with Puff Pastry. Remove the skillet from the heat. Unfold the remaining pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Spoon the chicken mixture into the casserole. This recipe is a favorite in our house.