Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen. Lahm bi Ajeen is a Middle-Eastern meat pie with a punch of flavor. A thin crispy dough topped witha delicious meat mixture, they are hard to resist! Another popular version known as "sfiha" in Arabic, is an open-faced meat pie with the sides pinched up on all four corners.
Ingredients of Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen
- It’s of – For the dough:.
- Prepare 8 cups of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of dried yeast dissolved in ½ cup warm water.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare of – For the meat mixture:.
- It’s 1 kg of finely ground beef.
- Prepare 1 kg of onions, finely chopped.
- You need 2 kg of tomatoes, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of green pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of hot red pepper powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of pomegranate syrup, if available.
Sure, each dish is thinly rolled dough baked with toppings. Lahm bi ajin meat pies are ready when the crust on the edges is golden. Last time I made lahm bi ajeen, I actually baked them, and froze them. Lahm Bi Ajeen Meat Pizza#fairouz #boston #foodie #pie #lebanesefood #westroxbury #dedham.
Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen step by step
- Mix well all the dough ingredients together, except the vegetable oil..
- Add in the oil gradually while mixing the ingredients by hand. Continue kneading until you get a firm dough. Don't hesitate to add some more water if needed..
- Cover the dough with a kitchen cloth and leave it to rest for about 2 hr 30 min in a warm place until it rises and doubles in size..
- Knead the dough again after dipping your hands in flour, and divide it into balls the size of a golf ball. Leave it to rest for 30 more minutes..
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough balls in a round shape, about 12 cm diameter and 1 mm thickness..
- To prepare the meat mixture: put all the ingredients together and mix well..
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the surface of each dough piece..
- Slightly grease two oven trays with olive oil and place the lahem bi ajeen on them. Bake in the oven at medium heat for about 20 min or until the bottom of the dough turn lightly brown and the meat is well cooked..
- Serve warm with plain yogurt or with laban ayran, a salty yogurt drink..
- Note: You can find the recipe of 'Salty yogurt drink' in my profile.
Lahm Bi Ajin or Sfiha Lebanese spicy dish closeup. vertical. Arab mini pizza with minced meat, tomatoes, onions, spices and p. Lebanese Arab pizza with meat, tomatoes, spices and pine nuts cl. Homemade Hungarian langos with cheese and ketchup close-up. vert. Lahm bi ajeen is usually described as Middle Eastern meat pizza, but there are some ways that the comparison doesn't begin to do justice to lahm bi Once the oven has preheated, use a quick motion to move the pie from the pizza peel onto the pizza stone.