Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen. Lahm bi Ajeen is a Middle-Eastern meat pie with a punch of flavor. A thin crispy dough topped witha delicious meat mixture, they are hard to resist! Another popular version known as "sfiha" in Arabic, is an open-faced meat pie with the sides pinched up on all four corners.
Ingredients of Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen
- You need of – For the dough:.
- Prepare of flour.
- You need of dried yeast dissolved in ½ cup warm water.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of vegetable oil.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of – For the meat mixture:.
- It’s of finely ground beef.
- It’s of onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare of tomatoes, finely chopped.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- You need of green pepper, finely chopped.
- You need of garlic.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of hot red pepper powder.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- Prepare of pomegranate syrup, if available.
Lahm Bi Ajeen Meat Pizza#fairouz #boston #foodie #pie #lebanesefood #westroxbury #dedham. Take a walk on virtually any street in Lebanese cities, you will run into a recurring theme, a ubiquitous "delicacy" store that is on almost every corner, but it's not Starbucks! We're talking here about Lebanese bakeries, aka "furen," Arabic for "oven.". Lahm Bi Ajin or Sfiha Lebanese spicy dish closeup. vertical.
Open-faced meat pies – lahem bi ajeen step by step
- Mix well all the dough ingredients together, except the vegetable oil..
- Add in the oil gradually while mixing the ingredients by hand. Continue kneading until you get a firm dough. Don't hesitate to add some more water if needed..
- Cover the dough with a kitchen cloth and leave it to rest for about 2 hr 30 min in a warm place until it rises and doubles in size..
- Knead the dough again after dipping your hands in flour, and divide it into balls the size of a golf ball. Leave it to rest for 30 more minutes..
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough balls in a round shape, about 12 cm diameter and 1 mm thickness..
- To prepare the meat mixture: put all the ingredients together and mix well..
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture on the surface of each dough piece..
- Slightly grease two oven trays with olive oil and place the lahem bi ajeen on them. Bake in the oven at medium heat for about 20 min or until the bottom of the dough turn lightly brown and the meat is well cooked..
- Serve warm with plain yogurt or with laban ayran, a salty yogurt drink..
- Note: You can find the recipe of 'Salty yogurt drink' in my profile.
Arab mini pizza with minced meat, tomatoes, onions, spices and p. Lebanese Arab pizza with meat, tomatoes, spices and pine nuts cl. Of course, different resturants or Chefs might decide to have Fatayer shapes with meat or Spinach or cheese and so on for Sambousek/Burek.etc. Lahm bi ajin meat pies are ready when the crust on the edges is golden. Last time I made lahm bi ajeen, I actually baked them, and froze them.