Blueberry pie. They neutralize free radicals, protect your heart, improve your vision, and protect against degenerative brain diseases. I have used fresh blueberries and frozen blueberries. Blueberry pie is a pie with a blueberry filling.
Ingredients of Blueberry pie
- You need 2 pounds of frozen blueberries.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of each.
- You need of All spices.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- You need of Salt.
- You need 2 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- You need 4 tablespoon of cold butter that been cut to dots.
- Prepare 2 of pie crust.
- It’s of Egg wash with milk.
Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture over blueberry mixture. Cut butter into small pieces; sprinkle over blueberries. I've been making this blueberry pie recipe for decades since the ingredients for the filling are readily available in Michigan. This post may contain affiliate links.
Blueberry pie step by step
- Prepare the pie crust spread one on top pie pan and fork it.
- In bowl add add ingredients and mix add on top the pie crust add the dots of butter and cover with the other pie crust and refrigerate for 20 minutes then egg wash it when you ready to cook it.
- Reheat oven 400 f when it’s heated put the pie cook for 20 minutes then reduced the heat to 350 f for 45 minutes let it rest for 2 hours 😉.
Classic blueberry pie gets an extra note of zing from. If you love blueberries, which we're guessing you do if you're reading this recipe, this is a great way to show the depth of your devotion. This blueberry pie is probably the best I have ever tasted. I hope you will enjoy it, too! Blueberry Pie with Crumble Topping is a favorite summer dessert!