Peanut Butter Pie.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Pie
- Prepare 9 inch of baked pie shell.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peanut butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of + 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 3 of egg yolks slightly beaten.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare of Topping ingredients.
- It’s 3 of egg whites.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar.
- You need 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cornstarch.
Peanut Butter Pie step by step
- In small bowl combine 1/2 cup peanut butter and 3/4 cup powdered sugar. It will be clumpy. Put 2/3 of the mixture in bottom of cooked pie shell..
- In top of double boiler, add 1/2 cup sugar,1/8 teaspoon salt, 5 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 2 1/2 cups milk and the 3 egg yolks. Cook over boiling water until thick. Remove from heat,add 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir..
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Beat until stiff the 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar. Continue beating while slowly adding the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon corn starch. Spread on top of filling..
- Sprinkle remaining peanut butter and powdered sugar mixture on top. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees..
- Chill and serve. Keep refrigerated..