Peanut Butter Pie.
Ingredients of Peanut Butter Pie
- It’s of baked pie shell.
- It’s of peanut butter.
- It’s of powdered sugar.
- You need of white sugar.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of + 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- You need of milk.
- You need of egg yolks slightly beaten.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of vanilla.
- You need of Topping ingredients.
- Prepare of egg whites.
- It’s of cream of tartar.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of cornstarch.
Peanut Butter Pie instructions
- In small bowl combine 1/2 cup peanut butter and 3/4 cup powdered sugar. It will be clumpy. Put 2/3 of the mixture in bottom of cooked pie shell..
- In top of double boiler, add 1/2 cup sugar,1/8 teaspoon salt, 5 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 2 1/2 cups milk and the 3 egg yolks. Cook over boiling water until thick. Remove from heat,add 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir..
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Beat until stiff the 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar. Continue beating while slowly adding the 1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon corn starch. Spread on top of filling..
- Sprinkle remaining peanut butter and powdered sugar mixture on top. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees..
- Chill and serve. Keep refrigerated..