Pizza casserole on a bed of lettuce. This crowd pleaser includes tender penne pasta, browned meat, pepperoni, olives, bell peppers, and cheese smothered in marinara sauce. Pasta is tossed in pizza sauce, mixed with lots of pizza topping and baked smothered in cheese. Pizza casserole is one of those recipes that every mom should have in her stash.
Ingredients of Pizza casserole on a bed of lettuce
- You need 29 ounces of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of whole leaf oregano.
- It’s 1/3 cup of bacon crumbles.
- You need 1 teaspoon of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley flakes.
- You need 1 pound of bulk sausage, i used Odoms Tennessee Pride brand.
- It’s 1 pound of ground meat i used beef 75/25.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped multicolored sweet peppers.
- It’s 1 of large tomato.
- You need 1 head of iceberg lettuce.
- You need 2/3 cup of chunked colby cheddar Monterrey jack cheese.
- You need 3 ounces of sliced pepperoni.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced green olives.
I don't know about you but sometimes dinner planning is just TOO much. Can't decide between two Italian classics? Now you don't have to with this seven-ingredient casserole that combines family-favorites pizza and spaghetti. The ease of this pizza casserole is pretty amazing, but it's the taste that gets everyone.
Pizza casserole on a bed of lettuce instructions
- Finely chop the onion and peppers.
- Brown the meat. leave the drippings,but remove the meat and set aside. add sausage,peppers,onions, and sliced olives. Brown the sausage cooking the olives, peppers, and onions. adding in the salt and garlic to the meat you set aside..
- Mix the tomato puree, sugar, spices, and Parmesan cheese. Simmer 15 minutes. Then add the meat, sausage mixture..
- When its all incorporated in slice the tomato very thinly. add the bacon, the tomato slices, chunked cheese,and pepperoni slices.
- Put into oven then turn it on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit let bake 30-40 minutes from on time till finished. more time can be added for crispier top..
- Chop the lettuce finely and serve casserole atop the lettuce. I hope you enjoy!.
We're pretty sure there is not one person on the planet that will not fall in love with this dish. You will need just three basics: Pillsbury™ pizza dough, pizza sauce and cheese. Spread mayonnaise over top and sprinkle Parmesan cheese to which sugar. Add grated cheese, then layer of lettuce. Pizza in a casserole doesn't get any easier.