Easy Pizza Sauce.
Ingredients of Easy Pizza Sauce
- It’s 1 can (28 oz) of whole peeled tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of un-salted butter.
- It’s 2 of medium cloves garlic , greated on microplane greater (about 2 teaspoons).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of dried Oregano.
- You need pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of Kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 (6 inch) sprigs of fresh basil with leafs attached.
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion, peeled and split in half.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Easy Pizza Sauce step by step
- Process tomatoes and their juice in food mill or a hand blender. Mix them up and DON'T make them completely smooth. Make it about 1/16 of an inch. Then set them aside..
- Combine butter and oil in sauce pan and turn the stove on medium to low heat. Once butter is melted, add red pepper, garlic, oregano, a large pinch of salt and continue stirring until fragrant but not browned. (About 3 minutes) After that, add in basil springs, tomatoes, sugar, and onion halves. Make it simmer, turn heat down to lowest setting,(bubbles should barely be popping) and cook stirring frequently until either sort of thick or just 1/2 to about an hour. Through out basil springs and onions. Add salt for taste. If you want, you can just allow it to cool and then cover it up and put it in the fridge..
- Next, you add it to whatever homemade pizzas you make or, I discovered that if you add shredded cheese and use it as a dip with tortilla chips , it is also very tasty..