Spinach and goat cheese pizza. Top with mozzarella, spinach, and then top with the mushrooms and onion mixture. Crumble goat cheese on top and then lightly drizzle with. I tried my hand at making a spinach and goat cheese pizza.
Ingredients of Spinach and goat cheese pizza
- You need of pizza dough.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour or bread flour.
- It’s of topping.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of fresh spinach.
- You need 1/4 cup of crumbled goat cheese.
- It’s 2 tsp of finely chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need of fresh basil.
Serve with freshly ground black pepper, a drizzle of Waitrose Basil Infused Olive Oil and a crisp green salad. Spinach, Goat Cheese, and Pine Nut Pizza. The goat cheese added a nice depth of flavor that paired well with spinach, mushrooms and red onions. Another great thing about this pizza is that since it's made at home you can put any topping on it you choose.
Spinach and goat cheese pizza instructions
- Add all of the ingredients in order and mix until the dough pulls away from the bowl..
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until it becomes soft and stretchy. This takes about 5-10 minutes..
- Transfer the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a towel. Keep the bowl in a warm draft free place to rise..
- Wash and dry spinach and set aside..
- When the dough has doubled in size cut into two and roll/stretch it into a thin circle..
- Place onto an oiled and floured pizza pan..
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on the dough and spread the chopped garlic. Then add the spinach and crumble the goat cheese over top. Drizzle with a little bit more olive oil..
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until edges are slightly golden..
- Just before the edges brown add fresh basil leaves..
- Cut with a pizza cutter and serve hot..
I made this same pizza last week but put red bell pepper on the pizza too. Try swapping out the goat cheese for feta or Gorgonzola to switch up the flavor profile. Top with squash and goat cheese; sprinkle with pepper. Place pizza crust on large baking sheet. Mix olive oil and minced garlic in small bowl.