Ingredients of Basic pizza stone calzone
- It’s 1 packages of pizza dough.
- You need 1 cup of mozzarella shredded cheese or more if you choose.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican or Italian blend shredded cheese or more if you choose.
- It’s 2 lb of container of Whole or skim ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of Precooked grilled chicken strips.
- You need 6 slice of Precooked bacon.
- It’s 1 small of amount of olive oil.
I wanted to bake some calzones using Alton Brown's pizza dough recipe, bake it on my pizza stone, and see if the bottom browns as In short, with olive oil brushed on top and parchment paper beneath, it browned perfectly on the pizza stone. With the parchment paper you don't have to worry about corn. Pizza on a cooking stone in the oven. The idea behind a pizza stone is to distribute the heat evenly In fact a home made pizza stone made from a terra cotta tile is perfect providing that it is unglazed.
Basic pizza stone calzone step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll out room temperature pizza dough on a rectangle cutting board. I used a thin flexible one. Make sure to use plenty of flour to prevent any sticking..
- In a large bowl combine ricotta, all cheese, chicken and bacon. Mix well..
- Spoon mixture onto half of rolled out dough..
- Fold dough over mixture and pinch shut. Slide calzone off cutting board onto pizza stone..
- Brush top of calzone with olive oil..
- Bake 30 minutes. I usually turn the broiler on for a minute or less to brown the top after it's done baking..
- Serve with your favorite marinara sauce..
However its porous properties mean that basic care is necessary for the maintenance of a pizza stone. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and cover with a damp towel. Discover Pizza Pans & Stones on Amazon.com at a great price. What if we told you that you could make amazing calzones at home with no mess required? Learn how to make a calzone.