Homemade Pizza. Classic homemade pizza recipe, including pizza dough and toppings, step-by-step instructions with photos. Learning how to make pizza at home? This recipe is a hearty, zesty main dish with a crisp, golden crust.
Ingredients of Homemade Pizza
- Prepare of Pizza dough.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 500 ml of warm water (adjust according to texture of your dough).
- You need 875 g of all purpose flour.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of large tomatoes, blended finely.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tablespoon of garlic ginger paste.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare 1 of each of red, yellow and green bell peppers, sliced or diced.
- You need 1 of small onion, sliced.
- It’s 4 of pork sausages, sliced.
- You need 3 of pork frankfurters, sliced.
- Prepare 300 g of mozzarella cheese.
I've been making homemade pizza for many years now and as many of you know it's pretty hard to get a great homemade pizza with similar results as the ones baked in a wood fire oven. Then try this simple homemade margherita pizza recipe. Learn how to make a pizza at home for the ultimate Friday night feast. Making homemade pizza from prepared dough is a quick and easy dinner any night of the week.
Homemade Pizza step by step
- Put the yeast, sugar and half the amount of water in a bowl and whisk them together then cover and let it sit for 5 minutes to bloom..
- Add flour, oil and salt and mix together until it comes together to form a dough. Knead the dough for about 17 minutes..
- Oil another bowl and place the dough on it to rest for an hour in a warm place..
- As the dough rests prepare the sauce if you aren't using store bought pizza sauce. Heat oil in a pan and add onions, let them cook for about 4 minutes..
- Add blended tomatoes then stir followed by tomato paste. Let it simmer for 1½minutes..
- Add in garlic – ginger paste and mix it in then finally oregano. Allow it to simmer for 3 minutes to thicken up, add a little water and when it starts to bubble turn off heat..
- For the toppings I used onions, red, yellow and green peppers, pork frankfurters and pork sausages. I fried the pork frankfurters and sausages..
- Preheat your oven for 20 minutes at 180°C as you work on your dough..
- After an hour the dough will have doubled in size. Punch the dough to release the air inside. Divide your dough equally into two (I used a scale to measure)..
- Roll out your dough and thin them around the edges cause they will thicken up in the oven. Use a fork to make perforations around the dough then spread the sauce all around the dough..
- Put some grated mozzarella cheese then in with the toppings and top with lots of mozzarella cheese..
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200°C..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Even making your own dough only really adds a few minutes to the prep time! Pile on your favorite. "Make quick, easy homemade pizza tonight! Homemade pizza sauce + homemade crust that comes together in a flash and tastes amazing!" A great recipe for homemade pizza dough and sauce. I love it when the whole family gets involved in making a meal. Homemade Pizza: Okay, I've been making pizza at home for a long time.