Easy Eggplant or Brinjal Pizza. Brinjal is a synonym of eggplant. As nouns the difference between brinjal and eggplant. is that brinjal is (india malaysia) an aubergine or eggplant while eggplant is (north america) the plant solanum melongena.
Ingredients of Easy Eggplant or Brinjal Pizza
- It’s 1 of large eggplant cut in roundels or long.
- You need 1 tbsp of pink salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, for brushing eggplant before roasting.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried Italian seasoning, for sprinkling on eggplant before roasting.
- It’s of Few basil leaves (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely grated mozzarella.
- It’s of For seasoning Red chilli flakes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped yellow pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red pepper chopped fine.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of broccoli chopped fine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of boiled and shredded chicken breast.
- You need of Sauce Ingredients:.
- It’s 2 tsp of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 3 of large garlic cloves, very finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of small onion chopped fine.
- You need 1 cup of peeled and diced fresh tomatoes or 4 tbsp tomato puree.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried Italian seasoning or herbs.
Stop eating mushy eggplant and try our easy eggplant recipes. From pasta to pizza to eggplant fries. (Yes, we said fries.) Brinjal and Eggplant are two different words that refer to the same fruit. Eggplant is also known as aubergine, brinjal eggplant, melongene and guinea Eggplant/Brinjal is a member of the Solanales order and the Solanum genus. Brinjal is a less common term that is heard in countries such as India.
Easy Eggplant or Brinjal Pizza instructions
- Cut off both ends of the eggplant; then cut it into 3/4 inch thick slices. If your eggplant is round then cut into round slices but mine was long so I cut long slices. Spread the slices and sprinkle some pink salt generously. This is to remove excess moisture and prevent the puckering of the slices. Let the eggplant sit with the salt on it for about 30 minutes to draw out the liquid. Blot eggplant dry with paper towels or a clean napkin. This will also wipe off the excess salt..
- Meanwhile turn on the oven to 250degrees.While the eggplant slices are sitting, make the Pizza sauce. In a pan add the olive oil, chopped onion and sauté. Now add the crushed garlic cloves and sprinkle some mixed herbs. Add the chopped tomatoes or tomato puree and sauté till nicely blended. I sprinkled some red chilli flakes on the sauce as we like a little spice in our food. Sprinkle a wee bit of salt on the sauce. Let the sauce simmer, adding a tablespoon or two of water if it seems dry..
- My daughter does not like tomato bits so I put the sauce through a blender and made a nice flavorful paste. While it was cooking she came sniffing to the kitchen saying she smelt something really nice! Brush the eggplant on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with dried herbs. Roast at 350 F for about 15 minutes. See that the slices are not roasted until they become mushy and lose their shape as they are going to be your pizza base..
- While the eggplant roasts chop your peppers, broccoli, shred the chicken and grate your mozzarella. Remove the eggplant slices from the oven and spread the sauce mixture over the eggplant pieces. Top each with some chopped peppers, broccoli and chicken.
Brining eggplant helps it keep its shape when you cook it, whether you're frying, baking, or grilling. See how with this quick tip. Really, the only time not to brine eggplant is when you want it to fall apart during cooking, as in an eggplant dip or eggplant soup, or if you're grilling a whole eggplant so that. Grilled eggplant marinated in a spicy garlic and herb marinade is a delicious, gluten-free addition to any antipasto platter or cheese board. Slice eggplant into thin slices and brush with olive oil.