Mexican Pizza. Mexican Pizzas are delicious corn tortillas topped with beans, beef and all the delicious taco toppings you can imagine! They can be cut into wedges and served as an appetizer or left whole and served as a main dish. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
Ingredients of Mexican Pizza
- Prepare of Crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of GF flour mix.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of masa.
- You need 1/4 cup of corn meal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of shortening.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of yeast.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of taco bell mild sauce.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- You need of Cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need To taste of taco meat.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- It’s of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Plain yogurt.
- It’s of Anything else that sounds good!.
Crisp pizza shells, refried beans, and a layer of seasoned beef make the "crust," while pizza sauce, a three-cheese blend, and tomatoes make the topping, creating a delicious love child of Mexican and Italian cuisine. Mexican Pizza is a copycat of the Taco Bell classic. Fried tortillas, refried beans, seasoned ground beef, enchilada sauce, and gooey, melted cheese! When my husband and I were stationed in England years ago, I often craved my favorite foods from the States.
Mexican Pizza step by step
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Bloom the yeast in the water with the sugar..
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and work in the shortening. Using a manual pastry blender works great but a fork would work too..
- Stir the bloomed yeast into the dry ingredients and let stand for about half an hour. The dough will rise slightly but nothing like a traditional dough recipe..
- Spread the dough out onto a parchment lined baking sheet or large greased baking dish. I used a baking dish this time and it worked out good, but next time I'll use a baking sheet because it will be easier to cut the pizza when done..
- Par bake the crust for 8 minutes. If it still feels a little under done put it back in for another 5 minutes..
- Mix the tomato sauce and taco bell mild sauce together spread into an even layer across the whole crust..
- Cover edge to edge with your favorite taco meat..
- Cover with the cheddar and mozzarella then bake for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes if the cheese doesn't have any color move to the top rack and bake for another 2-3 minutes..
- Cut and cover with you favorite toppings..
If I couldn't get them in England, I would try to recreate. Spread with enchilada sauce; sprinkle with cheese. A fun Mexican Pizza with a layer of refried beans and spicy ground beef sandwiched between two flour tortillas, topped with salsa, shredded cheese, jalapenos, green onions, and tomatoes. Then baked until it's hot, melty and gooey delicious. It's a copycat recipe … To easily find a local Domino's Pizza restaurant or when searching for "pizza near me", please visit our localized mapping website featuring nearby Domino's Pizza stores available for delivery or takeout.