Smoked Sausage Pizza. Smoked turkey sausage is a good substitute for higher-fat pork sausage; here it pairs with green bell pepper and onion for a great pizza topping. Spicy sausage pizza recipe to prepare a homemade pizza with smoked sausage, canned sweet corn, and more simple and tasty ingredients. There's no reason to order out for pizza when it's this easy to make a delicious, creative pie at home.
Ingredients of Smoked Sausage Pizza
- Prepare of Crust——————.
- Prepare 1 of quick pizza dough see my recipe.
- You need As needed of flour for dusting.
- Prepare of Tomato sauce————–.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 15 ounce of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of saffron infused oil see my recipe.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Toppings——————-.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of smoked sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded colby jack cheese.
On the Menu Today~ Homemade Sausage Pizza Super Saturday Snack There is nothing more satisfying than a. Smoked sausage really has the perfect smoky flavor and I'm weird but I love that some of them The smoked sausage and peppers pair so well together. Its as if they were begging to be paired! I used Petit Jean Arkansas Style Smoked Sausage.
Smoked Sausage Pizza instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the sauce simmer the tomatoes and add the sauce ingredients. Simmer for 15 minutes..
- Set aside to cool a bit..
- As sauce cools dust the dough and roll it out..
- Heat the pan I used a flat iron skillet. Smear with butter..
- Add the dough to the skillet and brush the saffron infused oil over the top of the crust..
- Add the sauce..
- Slice the sausage thinly. Cover the sauce with the sausage..
- Add the onion and cheeses..
- Put into the hot oven for 30-35 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
The guys said, best pizza ever. The Arkansas Style Smoked Sausage is made using a special Petit Jean recipe that's three-quarters of a century old. Smoked sausage and onions features a mustard sauce balanced by Balsamic, honey and vinegar. Smoked sausage (chorizo or chicken) adds another dimension to this flavorful sausage beef chili. Photo about Italian food pizza with smoked sausage and onion.