BBQ Chicken Pizza. I've made BBQ chicken pizza before and it is much easier to gauge how much you put in it by eye. Though store-bought crust is convenient, I suggest using homemade pizza dough for the BEST flavor. Homemade pizza crust is so much easier.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Pizza
- You need 1 of Pre-made pizza crust (or make your own).
- Prepare 3 of Chicken breasts.
- You need 1/2 of Onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cup of Shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded sharp cheddar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Pizza sauce.
BBQ chicken pizza is right up there with our other favorite kinds of pizza—classic pepperoni, and chicken alfredo pizza with a delicious white sauce. When it comes to dinner, pizza is always a good. This is similar to the pizza available at the California Pizza Kitchen. It's great and really different from your traditional pizza.
BBQ Chicken Pizza instructions
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bake crust alone until slightly golden brown.
- Cut chicken into bite sized chunks and brown. Season with salt and pepper..
- Combine chicken and BBQ sauce.
- Spread pizza sauce on baked crust.
- Spread BBQ chicken on crust next.
- Top with mozzarella and cheddar.
- Sprinkle onion over the top.
- Bake until cheese is brown and bubbly.
This BBQ chicken pizza is topped with BBQ sauce, shredded chicken, mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Are you a pizza lover like me? This BBQ Chicken Pizza with cilantro reminds me of a pizza we used to order at a local place when we lived in California. When we moved we had to make a version of our own at home and let me tell you. Wood fired pizza recipe topped with bbq sauce, chicken, red onions, and cilantro.