Greek Pizza. In the cuisine of the United States, Greek pizza is a style of pizza crust and preparation where the pizza is proofed and cooked in a metal pan rather stretched to order and baked on the floor of the pizza oven. Table of Contents What Makes Greek-Style Pizza Unique? Why People Love Greek Pizza This Greek Pizza is amazing!
Ingredients of Greek Pizza
- You need 1 of pre-baked pizza crust.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- You need 4 clove of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 cup of feta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of flavored olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped kalamata olives.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 cup of baby spinach.
- You need 1/2 small of Red onion, thinly sliced.
A light and flavorful pizza featuring feta, tomatoes, and spinach. I like to use a homemade whole wheat crust, rolled thin. 🎦 Greek pizza. But Greek pizza was my gateway pizza. Greek pizza is the taste that got me hooked.
Greek Pizza step by step
- Heat oven to 450°F..
- Mix together yogurt, garlic and half of the feta. Spread over pizza crust..
- Top crust with tomatoes, olives and oregano..
- Bake for 10 minutes..
- Toss spinach and onion with flavored oil. (I used garlic hot pepper. You can also use the oil that comes in the sun dried tomatoes. ).
- Top hot pizza with spinach mixture and rest of feta..
- Bake for 2 minutes. Let set for 2 minutes before slicing. Enjoy! :-).
To be clear, Greek pizza isn't pizza that's topped with Greek ingredients like feta and olives (although it could be). In Greece, pizza isn't actually a common part of the cuisine. It is, however, popular amongst the Greek immigrant communities because many of them have become pizzeria restaurant owners. This Greek pizza dough recipe is simple, but easy doesn't mean substandard. This dough creates a fabulous pizza crust using self-rising flour.