pizza margherita. Today I'm sharing with you a recipe for my favourite pizza, a Margherita. I usually make one a couple of times a month. La Pizza Margherita: la pizza è nata a Napoli.
Ingredients of pizza margherita
- You need of crust.
- You need 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of flour divided.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of sauce.
- Prepare 14 oz of whole canned tomatoes, undrained.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 medium of chopped onion.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 dash of black pepper.
- Prepare of toppings.
- You need 3 slice of plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 packages of mozzarella cheese sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/4 bunch of fresh basil, torn.
I like the crust to be crispy, but. A classic Pizza Margherita, named for Queen Margherita of Italy, shows off the colors of the Italian flag with red tomatoes, white mozzarella and fresh green basil. Pizza margherita is the ultimate pizza. I think pizza margherita is the true test of a pizza joint.
pizza margherita instructions
- proof yeast; combine water and sugar in small bowl, sprinkle in yeast..
- Let stand for 5 minutes until bubbly.
- Combine salt and 1.5 cups flour in medium bowl.
- Add yeast and oil. Stir until dough forms..
- Place on floured surface and flatten slightly..
- Fold dough in half towards you and press away wit heels of hands. Repeat turning a quarter turn each time..
- Shape into ball and place in greases bowl. cover with clean towel.
- Let rise 30-45 minutes until doubled in size..
- Chop tomatoes, reserving liquid..
- Heat oil in medium saucepan..
- Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft..
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add tomatoes, juice, paste, orageno, Basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to boil..
- Simmer 10-15 minutes uncovered stirring often..
- Grease 12 inch pizza pan..
- Flatten dough into circle. Place on pan.cover with towel. let sit for 15 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 450°..
- Spread sauce..
- Top with tomatoes, cheese, and Basil. Bake 15-20 minutes until crust begins to brown..
A light pizza with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Pizza Margherita Recipe – Pizza is one of the most common dishes from Italy. Italian cuisine is one of the oldest-known cuisines in the world. Pizza Margherita is a pizza prepared according to a recipe of the Italian chef Raffaelle Esposito. James Martin's margherita pizza recipe is serious business – proving the dough overnight gives a sourdough-style crunchy crust.