Pizza Siew Pao.
Ingredients of Pizza Siew Pao
- Prepare of Outer Crust.
- Prepare 200 grams of all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting.
- It’s 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 75 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 2 of Sausages (or other prefered filling like pepperoni or pineapple-and-chicken).
- It’s of cheese.
- Prepare of Pizza Sauce.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 small of egg (for brushing).
Pizza Siew Pao step by step
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl..
- Rub in the butter with fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs..
- Add in milk tablespoon by tablespoon and knead into a rough dough..
- Tip onto floured counter and continue kneading till smooth, adding flour and milk if the dough is too wet or too dry. Be careful not to overwork it..
- Pick out a small piece of dough and, with a rolling pin, roll it out on a flour surface to get a thin circle 8cm in diameter..
- Spread a teaspoon of sauce on the circle of dough, then place sausage (or other fillings) and cheese..
- Seal the dough closed with wei fingertips. Twist the top a little so that it stays sealed..
- Brush the tops with a little egg..
- Bake in preheated oven at 180℃, or until a nice light brown..