Whole Wheat Pizza (handmade). Whole wheat pizza crust has a bad reputation. If done wrong, it's often tough, dense, and well… flavorless. Nothing at all like fluffy, chewy, soft All whole wheat pizza dough recipes are different, but they typically all have the same ingredients: whole wheat flour, yeast, water, salt, oil, and some may. Узнать причину. Закрыть.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza (handmade)
- Prepare 5 cups of organic 100% whole wheat flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of warm water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of active dry yeast.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of organic tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- You need 2 oz of organic sliced salami.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pitted black olives.
- You need 2 oz of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 3 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of garlic powder.
Whole Wheat Pizza (handmade) instructions
- Early in the morning, mix 1.75 cups flour, .5 tsp salt, <1 cup water in med. size bowl..
- After mixing well, cover with dry cloth and leave sitting out on counter for 6 hours..
- Again, early in the morning, mix 1.75 cups flour, .75 tsp dry yeast, <1 cup warm water.
- After mixing well with wet hands in med. size bowl, cover tightly and put in fridge for 6 hours..
- In the meantime, prepare toppings for pizza. I like to use onions, green bell pepper, black olives, salami sliced, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheese..
- After waiting 6 hours, take dough out of fridge and wait a couple of hours for the dough to warm back up..
- On a floured surface, place the dough that was chilled on the bottom. Take the other dough that was sitting out on the counter and put it on the top. Knead for 5 minutes with wet hands..
- Let this dough rest for 5 minutes..
- In a large bowl, mix <.5 cup of flour, 2 Tbl cup salt, <.5 cup honey or sugar, .5 cups yeast, nd 3 Tbl olive oil..
- Once this is mixed, add the dough to the bowl. You may want to cut the dough into smaller pieces so it is easier to mix the ingredients. Knead them until the dough is soft and a bit sticky..
- Transfer dough to floured work surface. Work the dough until it is soft – about 5 to 10 minutes. Add flour as needed..
- Cover the dough with a dry cloth and leave for 1 hour..
- On a piece of parchment (wax) paper, spread about 2 Tbl of olive oil using a brush..
- Take the dough and spread it on the parchment paper until the entire surface is covered in oil..
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to the thickness of your choice..
- Take a greased pizza pan or baking sheet and place over the top of the dough upside down..
- Flip the parchment paper over so that the dough falls into the pizza pan..
- Remove parchment paper and shape the dough in the pizza pan. Leave a thick portion at the top for a crispy crust..
- Using a brush, spread 1 Tbl olive oil all over the dough..
- Sprinkle garlic powder over the dough..
- Pour tomato sauce in the middle of the pizza pie and spread with a spoon..
- Add sliced salami on top. Follow with vegetable toppings..
- Finish with grated parmesan cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese..
- Place pizza pie in oven at 425°F on the bottom rack. Bake for 15 minutes then check. Cheese should be brown on top and crust should be thoroughly browned..
Mix it in the food processor, minimal kneading and no rising time required. Trust me when I say I searched to the ends of the internet to find a simple, foolproof, quick whole wheat pizza dough recipe. I went through a couple of bags of flour in. Just combine whole wheat flour, yeast, wheat germ, salt and honey, bake, and then top with your favorite toppings. I was in search of a whole wheat pizza dough and this one is great.