Reduced Sodium Pizza. This recipe is worth second helpings and morning leftovers. Skip to Reduced-Sodium Grilled Vegetable Flatbread Pizza content. Pizza Pizza has introduced a new whole wheat multi-grain (WWM).
Ingredients of Reduced Sodium Pizza
- It’s of Crust:.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Warm Water.
- Prepare 1 Package of Active Dry Yeast.
- It’s 3 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 4 Tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 TB of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Sauce:.
- It’s 15 oz of No Salt Added Tomato Sauce.
- It’s 6 oz of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Basil.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Mrs. Dash.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Toppings:.
- Prepare 16 oz of Mozzarella Cheese.
- You need of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, if desired.
- Prepare of Low Sodium Toppings of Choice.
Can cut for appetizers or snacks. link. Recipes designed to be a part of a fully reimbursable meal. While our bodies require sodium, eating too much of the stuff can lead to high blood pressure Below, we've compiled nutritionists and health experts' top tips on how to reduce sodium intake. The amount of sodium for a variety of types and serving sizes of Pizza is shown below.
Reduced Sodium Pizza instructions
- Place the warm water in a large bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let it sit for 5 minutes until the yeast is dissolved..
- Mix in flour, sugar and olive oil by hand or with paddle attachment on low speed for one minute..
- Knead the dough by hand or with dough hook for 7-10 minutes. If the dough is too wet, add more flour until only slightly sticky..
- Coat the dough ball lightly with olive oil, set in a large bowl, covered, and let rise in a warm place for 1-1/2 to 2 hours..
- While dough is rising, mix the tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, Mrs. Dash and black pepper in a sauce pan and allow to simmer for at least 15 minutes, but you can let it simmer on low for as long as you like..
- When the dough is ready, divide into two balls and gently press each out on a floured surface until thin and round. Watch out that the dough is not too thick anywhere but the edges. If you think it's too thin, you're probably doing it right..
- Spray two pizza pans with oil and carefully transfer the dough onto the pans. If well floured, you can fold the dough into quarters to make it easier to transfer. Carefully stretch the dough as needed to fill each pan..
- Spread sauce over the dough and sprinkle with red pepper flakes to your liking. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and low sodium toppings of your choice..
- If you're a crust eater, you may want to brush the edges with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, Mrs. Dash or the sodium free seasoning of your choice. The outer crusts are otherwise a little bland..
- Bake in preheated oven at 450º F for about 20-25 minutes or until crusts are brown and cheese is golden. About halfway through, swap and turn the two pizzas for even cooking. If still not browned to your satisfaction, try broiling each pizza very briefly on the top rack, watching carefully, just before removing from the oven. Cut each pizza into 8 slices..
Incorporated guidance tools on packaging across these brands to help. How strong is the science on the benefits of sodium reduction? Pizza dough is easy to come by in the markets these days but sodium level is along the lines of bread, just too much. A slice of pizza is a meal that many people look forward to on a regular basis, but eating the same Instead of your usual pizza crust, you can try biscuit dough for a flaky texture and alternate flavor. Sauce. – Reduce Sodium – Maintain Flavor Profile – Maintain.