3 Whole Wheat Pizza Crusts. In a large bowl, dissolve sugar in warm water. Whole wheat pizza crust has a bad reputation. If done wrong, it's often tough, dense, and well… flavorless.
Ingredients of 3 Whole Wheat Pizza Crusts
- You need 1 packages of Dry active yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water – lukewarm.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of All purpose flour.
This dough produces a crust of medium thickness that is crisp across the bottom and a little chewy in the middle. It has a lovely, yeasty flavor with just a hint of. Watch how to make a yummy pizza crust that's healthier than typical crusts because it's made with whole wheat flour. It bakes up with a crisp crust, but it's soft and chewy on the inside.
3 Whole Wheat Pizza Crusts step by step
- Start by combining sugar, yeast and water and leave for about 5 mins or until foamy.
- Add in the salt and olive oil then gently stir to combine.
- Add in the whole wheat flour and 2 cups of all purpose flour leaving 1/2 cup of left over flour in case the dough is still sticky… Dont add in all of the flour at the same time as the dough might be dry.
- Combine until the dough starts taking shape, this will take about 5 mins… At this point you can decide weather it needs more flour or if it's ready for the next step (in my case I needed to use a bit of my left over flour).
- Turn the dough out on a lightly surfaced area and knead until elastic and smooth.
- Form the dough into a round and place into a lightly floured bowl.
- Lightly coat the dough with olive oil so it doesn't for a layer of crust.
- Cover and let it ride in a warm spot until it doubles in size, for about 1 hour.
- When the dough has risen punch the dough down and turn out into a lightly floured surface and divide into three equal pieces.
- Cover and let rest for about 10 mins so it's easier to work with.
- Roll out the dough and now it's ready for your favourite pizza toppings.
This whole wheat pizza dough recipe is easy to make, it's naturally sweetened with a bit of honey, and it is mega-delicious. Top the dough with your desired sauce and toppings. (And for extra-golden crust, brush the crust with an extra few teaspoons of olive oil or butter.) This pizza dough is the ultimate healthy pizza crust recipe that still tastes just as good as a regular pizza crust (unlike cauliflower pizza crust, for example). Mix until the dough starts to come together. Knead with your stand mixer (or on your. I always try to incorporate more whole grains into meals.