Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Mix it in the food processor, minimal kneading and no rising time required. Trust me when I say I searched to the ends of the internet to find a simple, foolproof, quick whole wheat pizza dough recipe. Whole wheat pizza crust has a bad reputation.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Prepare Utensils: of .
- Prepare of Dry Cup Measure.
- Prepare of 3/4 Cup Measure.
- Prepare of Liquid Cup Meaure.
- It’s of 1/2 Teaspoon Measure.
- It’s of Tablespoon Measure.
- It’s of Large Mixing Bowl.
- You need of Wooden Spoon.
- It’s of Standard Mixer with paddle and dough hook (helpful but not a must).
- You need of Plastic Wrap.
- You need of Hand Towels (also known to Chefs as "Side Towels").
- It’s Final Dough: of .
- You need 1 Batch of Soaker (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/259647-basic-soaker).
- It’s 1 Batch of Biga (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/256550-simple-biga).
- You need 7 Tablespoons of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Prepare 5/8 Teaspoon of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Instant Yeast.
- You need 2 1/4 Teaspoons of Honey.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
Will be using this recipe for making pizza crust in the future! I was looking for a good tasting whole wheat pizza dough. I found this recipe and made it & it was so tasty. I was in search of a whole wheat pizza dough and this one is great.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough step by step
- In a stand mixer combine all ingredients, mix with paddle attachment on low speed for 1 minute..
- Switch to the hook and mix on medium-low speed for another 6 minutes..
- Divide the dough in 4 smaller balls..
- Coat them in olive oil. Set them in a tray and wrap the tray tightly. Let rise for 1 hour..
- Form the dough into a ball and let it rest on the table for 5 minutes..
- Then roll out using a little flour on the table to help keep from sticking..
- If you are daring, try tossing the dough for a more traditional/ rustic look. At his point the dough is done and ready. At this point you can cover with plastic wrap and freeze until ready to use or bake (time and temp below)..
- Feel free to add a sauce and or toppings on the pizza dough (prior to freezing and or baking)..
- Note: Preheat the oven at 450F. Then bake for 2 minutes and rotate 180 degrees for even baking. The pizza should take 5 to 8 minutes to bake depending on the amount of toppings. The bottom will be lightly tannish brown when done (link)..
- Link to Whole Wheat Pizza with Portobellos, Spinach and Feta Pizza recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/256549-whole-wheat-pizza-portobello-spinach-and-feta-cheese-pizza.
My family likes it with olive oil fresh home grown tomatoes fresh garlic italian seasoning and mozzarella cheese. I suggest NOT doubling the recipe your first time. You can top your whole wheat pizza with your favorite toppings…veggies, meat, cheese, whatever your heart desires! This time we made one of You can also freeze this whole wheat pizza dough. After the dough rises, put the dough in a freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and freeze for up to three.