Homemade pizza. Classic homemade pizza recipe, including pizza dough and toppings, step-by-step instructions with photos. Learning how to make pizza at home? This recipe is a hearty, zesty main dish with a crisp, golden crust.
Ingredients of Homemade pizza
- It’s 300 ml (1 1/4 cup) of warm water.
- It’s 10 g of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 435 g (3 1/2 cups) of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Prepare 60 ml (1/4 cup) of olive oil.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 400 g (2 cups) of tomato, strained.
- Prepare of Fresh basil.
- Prepare 225 g of fresh mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt, for taste.
- Prepare of Toppings of your choice.
I've been making homemade pizza for many years now and as many of you know it's pretty hard to get a great homemade pizza with similar results as the ones baked in a wood fire oven. Then try this simple homemade margherita pizza recipe. Learn how to make a pizza at home for the ultimate Friday night feast. Making homemade pizza from prepared dough is a quick and easy dinner any night of the week.
Homemade pizza instructions
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the warm water, yeast, and sugar together. Place in a warm place for 10 minutes, or until yeast is foamy..
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt..
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the dough comes together..
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed until the dough is smooth. Add small amounts of flour as necessary to prevent sticking..
- Transfer the dough to a large bowl coated with olive oil. Cover with a towel and let rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours, until the dough has doubled in size..
- Once the dough has doubled in size, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and divide the dough into 6-8 pieces, and shape each into a small ball..
- Place the former balls onto a baking sheet and rest, covered, for 15 minutes.
- To shape the individual pizzas, press out the dough balls onto a lightly floured surface. Create a slightly thicker rim around the outside and continue to stretch into a 23-25 cm round..
- Carefully transfer a pizza onto a baking sheet, leave to cook for about 5 minutes until lightly tanned. Flip and continue to cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes longer, until the crust is completely dried..
- To finish the pizzas, top each with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and toppings of your choice..
- Transfer to the oven and broil for 7-8 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the crust has developed..
Even making your own dough only really adds a few minutes to the prep time! Pile on your favorite. "Make quick, easy homemade pizza tonight! Homemade pizza sauce + homemade crust that comes together in a flash and tastes amazing!" A great recipe for homemade pizza dough and sauce. I love it when the whole family gets involved in making a meal. Homemade Pizza: Okay, I've been making pizza at home for a long time.