Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Mix it in the food processor, minimal kneading and no rising time required. Trust me when I say I searched to the ends of the internet to find a simple, foolproof, quick whole wheat pizza dough recipe. Whole wheat pizza crust has a bad reputation.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of white bread flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat bread flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
Will be using this recipe for making pizza crust in the future! I was looking for a good tasting whole wheat pizza dough. I found this recipe and made it & it was so tasty. I was in search of a whole wheat pizza dough and this one is great.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough instructions
- In a small bowl, disolve a teaspoon of yeast in 1/2 cup warm water. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar and let sit for approximately 10 minutes until mixture starts to bubble..
- In a mixing bowl add 1 cup each of white bread flour and whole wheat flour. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and mix together..
- Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and using a wooden spoon, mix until you form a dough. Gradually add 1 cup of water as you mix..
- Lightly flour your countertop and hands and knead the dough for 10 minutes..
- Place dough back in bowl. Cover up the bowl and let dough rise for 1 hour..
- Once dough has risen press down on it with your fist to release air that has built up during the rising process..
- Done!! Prepare with your favorite toppings or freeze for up to 3 months..
My family likes it with olive oil fresh home grown tomatoes fresh garlic italian seasoning and mozzarella cheese. I suggest NOT doubling the recipe your first time. You can top your whole wheat pizza with your favorite toppings…veggies, meat, cheese, whatever your heart desires! This time we made one of You can also freeze this whole wheat pizza dough. After the dough rises, put the dough in a freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and freeze for up to three.