Pizza dough bagels. I actually purposefully used a really tough pizza dough for this recipe just to see how it would work. I used a store-bought wheat pizza dough. But, I think a white pizza dough or a homemade dough would work even better!
Ingredients of Pizza dough bagels
- Prepare of Ready to use pizza dough.
- Prepare of Onion seeds.
- You need of Sesame seeds.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- You need of Pumpkin seeds (optional).
- Prepare of Salt.
Mix dough by folding together with a spatula until combined. Fold the dough on top of itself to form a ring for bagel or bialy shape. For pizza, make a ball of dough and gently roll out into a disc shape / English muffin size. I decided to make bagels and pizza, which seem to be the two most popular uses for the dough.
Pizza dough bagels step by step
- Roll out pizza dough into bagel shape rounds and let the dough sit till they rise a little. In a pot of hot water, add the bagels one at a time for 4 mins (2mins on each side)..
- Take out of water and let them drain for a while. Then brush with water and sprinkle with the all of the above ingredients..as much or as little as you like. I even added few pumpkin seeds..
- Bake them till they are golden brown. Serve warm with butter or uset it as a sandwich base..
Gina at Skinnytaste includes WW points for all her recipes, so the Skinnytaste bagel recipe felt like the right place to start. Pizza bagels are a great alternative to regular pizza, especially if you have a sudden craving but don't have the time to run to the store. They are easy to make since half of the work is already done for you: the crust. Once you know how to make a basic pizza bagel, you can experiment with all sorts of unique flavors and combinations. Whereas bagels are boiled, then baked, bialys are baked in a hot oven.