New York style pizza dough. Cook classic New York City style pizza at home! This New York-style Pizza Dough recipe by Ooni pizza ovens is perfect for extra large slices. The city's signature massive round pizzas that are sold by the slice typically use bread flour to create a robust dough that can hold up generous toppings and.
Ingredients of New York style pizza dough
- It’s 5 cup of unbleached bread flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of instant yeast.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of room temp water.
New York-style pizza is pizza made with a characteristically large hand-tossed thin crust, often sold in wide slices to go. The crust is thick and crisp only along its edge, yet soft, thin. This video shows how to make New York Pizzeria style pizza dough. The perfect New York crust has very airy pockets and folds in half without cracking.
New York style pizza dough step by step
- put water in a metal bowl (I use 5qt. kitchen aid mixer with a dough hook) add yeast,sugar,salt, and olive oil and mix until dissolved. add the flour a little at a time and mix until dough pulls away from sides of bowl and is on hook. mix on low for 4 minutes. let the dough rest for 5 minutes then mix again on med low setting for an additional 2 minutes. immediately divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. round each piece into a ball and rub with olive oil. place each ball in a zippered bag or dough container and refrigerate overnight or freeze any pieces you will not be using the next day. The next day remove the dough 2 hours prior to use to allow the gluten to relax and remove the chill..
- place a baking stone on the middle shelf of oven and preheat on the highest setting for 1 hour. shape the dough using the toss and spin method stretching to a diameter of about 12 inches. dough should be about 1/4 inch think and slightly thicker toward edge. transfer dough to a peel or inverted sheet pan dusted with flour or cornmeal..
- add sauce and toppings and slide onto the stone. should take about 12 minutes to bake. when done crust should be crisp and slightly charred on edge and cheese should be bubbling and just beginning to caramelize. The underside of crust should be brown and crisp…not white and soft..
This style is easy to get close to but tough to master. If you need more than one dough you multiply the ingredients for as many as you need. NY-style pizza Caputo Cup winner Derek Sanchez explains New York-style pizza, including a basic NY pizza dough formula recipe. You have to understand the feel and smell of your dough. When you start getting close to your desired outcome you must place into your memory how your dough.