Neapolitan pizza (including the dough). This classic Neapolitan pizza dough relies on only five key ingredients: flour, yeast, salt, water, and time. True to Italian tradition, Neapolitan pizza dough is made up of very few ingredients, water, salt, yeast and all-important flour. The taste and crunch make all the difference, so watch as we pair it back and respect the simplicity of this fine dough.
Ingredients of Neapolitan pizza (including the dough)
- Prepare of Pizza dough.
- It’s 800 g of flour “00” (Caputo pizza “00” flour recommended).
- It’s 500 ml of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 25 g of salt.
- You need 1 g of dried yeast.
- It’s 10 g of sugar.
- You need 25 g of olive oil.
Move pizza to the top rack of the oven and bake for. Continue by holding the dough firmly with one hand while with the other pulls it slightly. Then rest the pulled flap on the hand holding the pizza, lift the dough up from the work surface and place the dough back down, rotating it a quarter turn. Garnish the pizza as you like and cook.
Neapolitan pizza (including the dough) instructions
- Put the flour in a large bowl and add the water to one end. Add the salt to the water to dissolve at the same end. Then add the yeast and mix into the flour at the other end. Following this mix it all together. Then add the sugar followed by the oil and mix some more..
- Now the mixture should be combined ready to knead. Knead for 15 to 20 minutes. Then shape into a ball and cover to rest for 20 minutes with the bowl..
- Then shape into a long baguette and cut into 6 pieces (for 6 pizzas). Flour the bowl and place the 6 pieces inside, cover with a damp tea towel for 6-8 hours..
- After this the dough should have increased in size. This is now ready for use. You can stretch each dough ball out to make the pizza base..
- Place the base into a hot pan to cook. While in the pan you can add your toppings, squashed fresh tomatoes are great for the base with toppings of your choice. Here we have half mozzarella and basil and half with added nduja and olives. Cook in the pan until the base is browned underneath around 5-10 minutes..
- Next place the pan under a pre-heated grill to cook the top around 10 minutes or until the toppings are cooked and the pizza is lightly browned. Buon appetito!.
Remove the pizza from the oven, and top it with freshly grated Parmesan, if desired. Repeat with the remaining dough and toppings. Tips from our Bakers Neapolitan pizza is considered the OG of the worldwide staple, and this recipe lives up to the tradition with a springy, flavorful crust. The dough's cold, slow rise in the refrigerator is a major. Want that big, beautiful, puffy crust?