Simple thick crust pizza dough. Place dough in greased bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap and a towel. Punch down several times to remove all air bubbles. Prepare as directed in Pizza Deluxe or for your favorite pizza recipe.
Ingredients of Simple thick crust pizza dough
- You need 17 1/2 oz of AP flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 packet (7 g) of instant yeast.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 12 1/4 oz of water.
Never thought you could make HOMEMADE Pizza Dough? YOU CAN NOW, with this recipe! Pizza Dough and Crust Recipes Thin and thick pizza crusts made with yeast dough, quick doughs, and all ready for your favorite toppings. Punch the dough down and roll out on a well floured board.
Simple thick crust pizza dough instructions
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, and olive oil and whisk to combine..
- Whisk in the water..
- With a wooden spoon, mix well for about 3 minutes. The dough should be very gooey..
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and set aside for at least 6 hours, but as long as 15 hours is fine, supposedly..
- Preheat the oven to 550F..
- Grease up a baking pan with olive oil. I used a 10" x 14" tray..
- Slide the dough into the pan. Use a greased spoon or spatula to stretch the dough to cover the pan. Try not to push out too much of the gas that's been trapped in the dough..
- Top however you like, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden toasty brown..
Brush the dough generously with olive oil. Shape the dough into a ball and transfer to the prepared bowl, turning to coat all sides. Jay thank you so much for an EXCELLENT thick, pan type pizza crust, that was crisp on the outside and chewy/tender on the inside! The only personal perference additions I did were: I added Italian Seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder along with the salt/oil. This is the easiest, best pizza dough recipe.