Pizza on the Big Green Egg. In fact, the Big Green Egg bakes and roasts better and quicker than these wood fired ovens ever could … because heat from the natural charcoal radiates within the thick ceramic walls of the dome, allowing your food to bake quickly and evenly. No need to buy a high-priced pizza oven. My Big Green Egg is capable of grilling and smoking, but I also learned that it makes a darn good pizza oven.
Ingredients of Pizza on the Big Green Egg
- Prepare of Pizza dough: (for 4 pizzas):.
- It’s 5 cups of hi-gluten bread flour.
- You need 2 tsp of instant dry yeast.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of EVOO.
- Prepare 2 cups of warm water.
- You need of Pizza sauce:.
- You need 1 can of 7/11 tomato sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced onions.
- It’s 5 tbsp of garlic (or 5-7 cloves).
- Prepare 7 tbsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of porcini mushroom rub.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of basil.
Want to bake the perfect pizza on the Big Green Egg? As rule of thumb you can say that the thinner the dough of the base, the higher the temperature of the Big Green Egg. Fill the Big Green Egg with your favorite hardwood lump charcoal to the top of the firebox. This set-up for grilling pizza on the Big Green Egg puts a large amount of thermal mass between the lava-hot hardwood lump charcoal by raising the pizza quite high in the dome.
Pizza on the Big Green Egg step by step
- Dough: mix dry ingredients before adding wet ingredients. Add oil and water then mix to combine. Leave to rest for 1 hour. Cut to 4 equal parts. Kneed and make nice balls. Put them on a plate and cover with foil and put in the fridge for next day..
- Add the sauce, your favorite ingredients, and mozzarella cheese..
- Heat up the big green egg to 600F. Use the ceramic plate for indirect cooking. Bake on the pizza stone for 3-4 minutes.
- Bon appétit.
Preheat Your Pizza Stone: Set up your Big Green Egg for indirect cooking with the Plate Setter legs facing up. Set your stainless steel grid on top I'm always in the mood to hear about your adventures on the Big Green Egg. Let me know how your pizzas turn out! If you have any questions or want to. With the Big Green Egg and our pizza EGGcessories®, you can also easily bake your own custom flatbreads and calzones – and there's no reason to Above: The Wooden Pizza Peel is a handy tool for sliding pizza in and out of a hot EGG.