Best! Wholewheat Pizza Crust.
Ingredients of Best! Wholewheat Pizza Crust
- You need 1 of & 1/4 cup white flour.
- It’s 1 of & 1/3 cup wholewheat flour.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of instant dried yeast.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
Best! Wholewheat Pizza Crust instructions
- First you want to make sure your water is warm NOT hot. I placed mine in the microwave for 30secs. Start by activating your yeast by placing sugar and yeast into warm water until its nice and bubbly/foamy at the surface..
- Meanwhile, sift together the flours with salt into your bowl..
- Once yeast has activated make a well in the middle of your flour and pour the yeast mixture in 2 batches. Using your fingers mix together the flour and water until most of the water is soaked up. Begin kneading the dough for 15 mins or more until you get a perfect elastic ball. Cover and let rise for 1-2 hours or until doubled in size, the more it rises the better..
- Okay so now your dough has grown twice is size you want to give it a quick knead and cut the dough in half as this recipe makes 2 crusts..
- Making the crust is more complex than they make it look on YouTube 😰 but this was my first ever attempt and I think I did a really good job. So first start by shaping your dough into a ball. And place it in a bowl filled with flour then take it out and begin by pressing it flat..
- Then gently press down on the ball using your index and middle fingers gently press down on the edge of the dough leaving 1-2 inches of the edge and while your doing that at the same time using your left hand you want to cup the edge of the pizza and keep it going alongside the edge so your forming a crust slowly rotate your dough as you keep pressing and rotating..
- Once you have a crust formed you want to press down in the middle to get it to spread wider. Keep pressing into the middle for a few seconds before turning the dough on the other side and repeating step 6 and 7..
- Your going to now place both hands on the dough make sure the tips of your fingers are just on the edge and your right hand is going to do a right side wiping motion and your left will do the same but in the left direction and slowly rotate while continuing to do this step until you've reached your desired size of pizza..
- If the crust forming method is confusing just roll it out with a rolling pin until your desired size or watch some videos on YouTube on rolling out pizza dough. 😀.
- Add your favourite pizza toppings and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until it starts to look golden..