Pizza Egg Rolls.
Ingredients of Pizza Egg Rolls
- Prepare 1 packages of Egg Roll Wrappers.
- It’s 1 can of pizza sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of pizza mozzarella.
- You need 1/2 packages of pepperoni slices.
- You need 1 of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of oil for frying.
- It’s 1 cup of lukewarm water.
Pizza Egg Rolls step by step
- pour pizza sauce into saucepan and heat over medium-low heat.
- cut pepperoni slices into halves or quarters.
- optional step: heat pepperoni on paper towel in microwave, or fry in frying pan to crisp.
- add pepperoni to sauce, store and remove mixture from heat.
- when sauce has cooled, add mozzarella and parmesan to sauce mixture and mix well.
- heat oil in deep fryer, or on stovetop in a deep skillet over medium heat (1-1.5 inches).
- on a clean, dry surface lay down an egg roll wrapper so that it looks like a diamond.
- spoon 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into center of diamond in a horizontal line.
- fold left and right sides toward center.
- dip finger or a silicone pastry brush in water, and lightly brush the tops of the sides you just folded with a bit of water, as well as the lower edge of the wrapper, do not wet the top yet. Be careful not to use too much water, it will compromise the egg roll wrapper.
- fold the bottom up and over the mixture, then slide it back to seal the filling in.
- wet the upper edge of the wrapper, and firmly roll the bottom up until you have a roll. This should be fully sealed, but if you have gaps, use a bit of water to seal them. blot off excess water with paper towel..
- fry for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown, drain on paper towels. do not cook too many at a time or it will lower temperature of oil. I cook about 3 at a time.