Falafel dough pizza. A red-lentil dough is topped with a yogurt-tahini sauce, cheese, parsley, and olives in this fun vegetarian pizza inspired by falafel. Falafel dough is a seriously nutritious take on traditional crust (it's made with chickpeas and chia seeds), while beetroot hummus gets the MVP award for best pizza sauce ever. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet.
Ingredients of Falafel dough pizza
- It’s 1 cup of red lentils soaked in water for 2 hours then filtrated (could be replaced with hummus or Egyptian beans).
- It’s 1 of medium size onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s Half of a bunch of parsley.
- It’s Half of a bunch of coriander.
- It’s 1/4 (1 cup) of chopped green onions.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/3 (1 cup) of oil.
- Prepare of Salt as preferred 2 spoons oil for painting butter paper.
- It’s 1/4 (1 spoon) of chili powder 1/4 (1 spoon) black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 (1 spoon) of cumin powder.
- You need 1/4 (1 spoon) of coriander seeds powder.
- Prepare 1/2 (1 spoon) of baking powder.
- You need of Sauce ingredients……..1 cup of yogurt.
- Prepare 3 spoons of Tahini.
- You need 4 spoons of lemon juice.
- You need of Salt as preferred.
- It’s cubes of Topping ingredients………..1 tomato chopped in.
- Prepare 1/4 (1 spoon) of sliced black and green olives.
- You need 3 spoons of minced parsley.
- It’s 2 spoons of minced green onions.
Since his drastic weight loss and complete body transformation, he's been a lot more conscious about what he puts into his body. He wants high-protein foods that will keep him feeling fueled for awhile and help him rebuild. Layer with mozzarella cheese, splotches of ricotta cheese and crumple and sprinkle the falafel balls in an even layer around. Brush the top lightly with olive oil.
Falafel dough pizza step by step
- Mix red lentils, onion, garlic, parsley, coriander and green onions altogether using a food processor until turning into a fine mix..
- Pour the mix in a bowl, add egg, salt, black pepper, chili, coriander seeds powder, cumin and baking powder along with 1/3 a cup of oil and mix all ingredients..
- Pad the pizza tray with butter paper and paint it with a little oil..
- Put the falafel dough in the tray, insert into a hot oven until cooked..
- Prepare pizza sauce by mixing tahini with some water and adding yogurt, lemon juice and salt, mix ingredients well then leave aside..
- Bring the falafel dough out of the oven, add grated cheddar, sauce, olives, tomato cubes, parsley and green onions with some more cheddar and a final spray of parsley and green onions then proceed to oven for a few minutes then served.
Place in oven with falafel and veggies. Everyone's favorite Middle Eastern sandwich on a pizza! Crunchy, bright, fresh veggies over creamy tzatziki on a crispy golden falafel crust is healthy eating at its very best: high protein & fiber, low carb, gluten free, vegetarian, zero added sugar, and downright delicious all around. Two of the best foods ever combined into one: falafel and pizza! The crust on this awesome dish is unforgettable.