Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza. Order Papa John's® & Enjoy Delicious Handcrafted Pizza. Order Your Delivery or Carryout Meal Online Today! Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick baking spray.
Ingredients of Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- It’s of oil.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 6 of pita or small, round Middle Eastern flatbreads.
- Prepare of BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare bag of shredded mozarella (You won't need all of it.).
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, peeled and cut into very thin strips, vertically.
- You need of roughly 20 stems cilantro, chopped (I use stems and all.).
The flatbread brand that I used for this flatbread pizza recipe is Stonefire (not sponsored, I just really enjoy the product). The recipe yields two flatbread pizzas. Toss the cooked shredded chicken with ½ cup of the barbecue sauce and set aside. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza step by step
- Preheat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large pan to high, add chicken to the pan in a single layer. Let it cook undisturbed for 3 or 4 minutes on one side. Then add salt and onion powder, redistribute chicken, ensuring that the uncooked side of each piece is touching the cooking surface, then cook another 4 or 5 minutes until all chicken is opaque and cooked through..
- Add 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce and mix to incorporate. Turn off heat, let chicken cool, and preheat oven to 435F..
- Toss chopped cilantro and red onions with oil. (About 1 Tablespoon per each.) This will give your cilantro and red onions more of a roasted flavor than if you didn't toss them in oil..
- Lightly brush each pita/flatbread with oil and place them on a baking sheet or sheet pan..
- Spread 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce on each pita/flatbread evenly..
- Top with mozzarella..
- Followed by the chicken divided in 6 equal portions. (I know there are only 5 here, but the Hubs had eaten one for breakfast. :P).
- Then top with onions. (As you can see, I LOVE onions. :D).
- Then cilantro. (As you can see, I also LOVE cilantro.).
- Then an optional additional sprinkling of mozzarella to hold the toppings in place once the cheese melts..
- Bake for 15 minutes, switching racks halfway to make sure each pan gets the same type and intensity of heat exposure. That's it! Enjoy. :).
Toufayan Bakeries Smart Pockets create the crispy flatbread that is topped with BBQ sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, red onions, and BBQ chicken for a delicious and easy to make pizza. [tweetthis]BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza makes for a super simple weeknight supper or easy appetizer #recipe #foodblog[/tweetthis] I take a lot of help from the grocery store in this recipe by using ready made flatbreads, bottled BBQ sauce and a roasted chicken. Great recipe for Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza. If you have some leftover roast chicken breast to use up, then all the easier! You may be tempted to use some kind of artisanal or complex homemade BBQ sauce, but I highly recommend using the cheapie,. Add the chicken to the pita and sprinkle with mozzarella and red onion, to taste.