Pepperoni pizza pasta bake. Then you'll love this simple pasta bake which has all the flavours of the famous topping. We've used oregano, pepperoni, mozzarella and passata and poured over rigatoni pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl.
Ingredients of Pepperoni pizza pasta bake
- It’s 16 oz of dry rigatoni pasta.
- It’s 1 can (28 oz) of peeled San marzno tomatoes.
- You need 1 can (28 Oz) of tomato puree.
- You need of Pepperoni.
- It’s of Mozzarella shredded cheese divided.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Basil.
- Prepare of Oregon.
- Prepare of Onion powder.
- It’s of Garlic powder or Minced garlic.
- Prepare of 2 cups chicken stock for making in an instant pot only and one cup of water.
- You need of For seasoning they are made to taste a pinch of this a dash of that.
Pour out into your casserole dish and pat down evenly. Add in the pasta and gently mix until fully coated. Pour the pasta into a casserole dish and cover with the shredded cheese. Sprinkle with additional Italian seasoning and place remaining pepperoni slices on top.
Pepperoni pizza pasta bake step by step
- Cook rigatoni’s pasta to box Directions..
- In a big bowl combine all ingredients except the cheese and pepperoni and add the rigatoni pasta,mix… then spary a 13×9 baking dish. pour pasta mixture in baking dish…. crush the tomatoes before topping with some cheese cover with foil.
- Bake at 400 till cheese melts remove from oven add the pepperoni and top it with more cheese place back in oven uncovered till cheese melts..
- NOTES- the tomatoes need to be crushed, I made mine in an pressure cooker so iam not sure where you crush them but you don’t want big tomatoes).
- For cooking in the instant pot- add all ingredient except the cheese and pepperoni… cook for 6 mins under pressure. Spary a 13×9 baking dish After you release the pressure mix it and crush the tomatoes and remove any pasta that burned and stuck to the bottom then add the pasta mixture to the baking dish.
- Bake at 400 till cheese melts remove from oven add the pepperoni and top it with more cheese place back in oven uncovered till cheese melts. top with pepperoni and cheese cook in the oven uncovered at 400 till the pepperoni is done and cheese has melted. This won’t take long as the cheese melts as you put it on just want to brown it some..
- Sever with salad or garlic bread.
- I didn’t have chicken broth so I used 2 bouillon cubes with 2 cups of water..
- Notes- my pasta burned and stuck to the bottom. I recommend not doing this in an instant pot or pressure cooker. My pictures look different because my pressure cooker as an air fryer lid as well so I didn’t need to put mine in the oven, if anyone was wondering why mine looks so different..
Since the pasta cooks twice, first on the stovetop and then in the oven, overcooking can be a problem if it boils for too long. This Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Casserole is easy to make and has all the yummy flavors of pizza but in a casserole! Kids (and adults) will line up for this dish! Pizza and pasta are two favorites around here so I knew this pizza pasta bake would be a hit! It's all of the goodness of pepperoni "pizza" flavors, wrapped into a delicious and uber-simple pasta bake.