Spanish pork in almond sauce. Sweet chilli sauce, Soy sauce, Rice wine vinegar, Pork fillet, sliced into bite size pieces, Orange juice, Grated ginger, Spanish onion, thickly sliced, Capsicum, sliced. If you purchase through these links, you pay the same price, and Spain on a Fork receives a small commission, which helps. In a separate skillet heat the olive oil for the almond sauce.
Ingredients of Spanish pork in almond sauce
- Prepare of meal.
- You need of shoulder of pork.
- You need of garlic cloves, 4 choipped and 4 whole.
- You need of fresh bread.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- Prepare of onion, chopped.
- You need of pimenton dulce (smoked sweet Spanish paprika).
- You need of sprig of thyme.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Prepare of white wine.
- It’s of chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s of gm blanched almonds, toasted.
How to Make a Pan Sauce. Almonds are a popular part of many traditional desserts in Spain. This is a list of the almond dessert recipes from Spain. The Spanish love to flavor desserts and other dishes with almonds.
Spanish pork in almond sauce instructions
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a wok or similar large pan. Add the 4 whole garlic cloves and the slice of bread and fry over a medium heat for 2 minutes, turning once, until golden. Lift out and leave to drain and cool..
- Cut pork into quite large chunks. Season well then dust them in the flour. Add another 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and add the chunks of pork to seal and only lightly colour. Remove to a plate and set aside..
- Add the remaining oil to the pan with the onion, chopped garlic, pimenton dulce, thyme and bay leaves and cook gently for 10 minutes until onions are soft and sweet but not browned. Add the wine and stock and bring to the boil, rubbing the base of the pan to release any bits and pieces..
- Return the pork to the pan, lower the heat and season well. Cover and simmer gently for 1.5 hours or until the meat is meltingly tender..
- Spoon about 16 tablespoons of the sauce into a food processor and add the fried bread, fried garlic cloves, almonds and parsley leaves. Blend to a smooth paste (this is called a picada in Spain). Stir the picada back into the pan, taste and adjust for seasoning, cover then cook for a further 5 minutes which will allow the sauce to thicken..
- You could serve the pork and sauce with potatoes or rice..
This list of favorite, traditional Spanish desserts including St. Spanish Style Pork Rib Roast with Romesco Sauce is another meal that has sweet-smoky Romesco sauce. Spanish Stewed Pork Chops, also known as Chuletas Guisadas, are another popular dish that includes pork chops as well as white wine, adobo, and sofrito. How to easily make The Ultimate Spanish Cod Recipe with Tomato Sauce. Welcome to Spain on a Fork!