Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy. I cut them in half, and half a pork chop was. Make this easy sheet pan supper recipe for roasted pork chops with green beans and potatoes. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops lightly with seasoning salt.
Ingredients of Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy
- You need of all purpose flour.
- It’s of onion powder.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Prepare of cayenne.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare of pork chops.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- Prepare of buttermilk.
- You need of chopped parsley (garnish).
Though these pork chops require overnight brining, they make dinner the next night a breeze. Brine these chops up to two days beforehand. Grab a pork chop from the buttermilk, letting any excess milk run off. Dredge through panko mixture, coating completely.
Pork Chops w/ Buttermilk Gravy instructions
- place flour in a shallow plate and add onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper. mix with fork until seasoning is even..
- cover pork chops with the flour mixture evenly throughout..
- heat up a saute pan with oil over medium heat. place pork chops in the heated oil and fry 3 minutes per side until golden brown. at the same time you may saute onions or mushrooms as an optional topping. remove pork chops from the pan along with the optional toppings, leaving the pan drippings behind..
- sprinkle a few pinches of the seasoned flour into the pan with the left behind fat. mix contents in the pan until flour dissolves. pour in the chicken broth and let it cook for 5 minutes until it slightly thickens. stir in the buttermilk and return the pork chops to the pan . If toppings were sautéed, place them on top of the pork chops..
- simmer the contents for 5 minutes until pork is cooked through. season with salt and pepper with chopped parsley before serving.
Lay down in skillet and repeat with remaining chops. You don't want them to toughen up. After six minutes, turn off heat and. These pork chops are easy to prepare and simmer, and they're delicious with mashed potatoes. The creamy milk gravy is the perfect finishing touch.