Pork Tsukune Patties with Tofu. The Japan Food Addict app is here! We use ground chicken or pork and you can grill them or add them to a soup. Chicken Tofu Patties. #eggtofu #easycooking #chineserecipe A healthy and delicious recipe of steamed pork with Japanese egg tofu.
Ingredients of Pork Tsukune Patties with Tofu
- It’s of Firm tofu.
- You need of ●Ground pork.
- It’s of cm ●Carrot.
- It’s of ●Shiitake mushrooms.
- You need of ●Green bell pepper.
- It’s of worth ●Grated ginger.
- It’s of ●Salt.
- Prepare of ○Sake.
- You need of ○Soy sauce.
- Prepare of ○Vinegar.
- It’s of ○Mirin.
Fry both sides on a medium fire. Tsukune are tender ground chicken skewers with bits of shiso leaves and scallions, drizzled with sweet soy sauce. Usually tsukune recipes require eggs or panko to bind the ground meat together so that the meat won't easily fall apart. However, I learned this trick from my mom to knead the chicken.
Pork Tsukune Patties with Tofu instructions
- Boil the tofu in a saucepan for 2~3 minutes and drain in a colander. Meanwhile, mix the ○ ingredients together..
- Put the ● ingredients in a bowl and mix well. When the tofu cools down, add to the bowl and mash it as you mix..
- Make round patties with Step 2. Cook both sides in a frying pan with a small amount of oil. Set patties aside on a plate and remove excess oil with a paper towel..
- Now add the mixed ○ sauce in the frying pan and bring it to boil. Then back the patties in the sauce. Simmer until the sauce is thickened♪.
The first time I tried tofu, it was when I was a kid and it was straight out of the package (mom wasn't looking and I snuck a taste). I didn't touch this abomination of food again until much, much later in life when I finally figured out cooking. I was completely taken aback when I added tofu in my kids' dinner. A scrumptious Japanese-style patty topped with a medley of mushrooms and juicy grated daikon, finished with the fragrance and citrus flavours of Season minced beef and pork with salt and pepper in a bowl. Wrap tofu firmly with several layers of paper towel.