Spicy Korean BBQ Pork. A few recommendations: serve with lettuce or cabbage (as a taco/wrap) to cut the fattiness and spiciness of the pork. Spicy Korean pork bulgogi marinated in a gochujang based sauce with lots of fresh garlic and ginger! Spicy pork bulgogi (called jeyuk bokkeum or dweji bulgogi) is another highly popular Korean BBQ dish.
Ingredients of Spicy Korean BBQ Pork
- You need of pork, pork belly, butt, tenderloin.
- It’s of rice cooking wine.
- You need of soy sauce.
- Prepare of fish sauce (optional).
- You need of sesame oil.
- It’s of roasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of 1-2 inch piece ginger, grated.
- You need of brown sugar.
- It’s of gochuchang (red pepper paste).
- Prepare of grated pear or Apple.
- Prepare of medium onion.
- It’s of green onions.
- It’s of red pepper flakes (optional, for very spicy).
Garlic, ginger, green onion, ground black pepper, hot pepper paste, korean pear, onion, pork belly, rice syrup, sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, sugar. Korean spicy BBQ pork marinated in a sweet and spicy marinade that is just packed with flavour and then grilled to perfection. Spicy Korean BBQ-style Pork Recipe by Tasty. Pork is marinated and chilled with a traditional red chili paste and other spices before cooking for this tasty Korean BBQ Pork recipe.
Spicy Korean BBQ Pork step by step
- Cut pork into slices, I like about 2-3 inches long, 1 inch wide, and about 1/8 inch thick.
- Throw the rest into a bowl with the pork. Mix it up good until everything is evenly coated and no pork pieces stick together.
- Marinade as long as possible, not required, you can cook immediately, but overnight or even days blends the flavors better..
- Cook on grill or skillet. Cook until onions seem just cooked, translucent, for the best flavor. Better to not cook the pork to death..
- Serve hot with rice. A salad goes very nicely with this..
Korean spicy pork bulgogi is loaded with spicy and savory flavors from the gochujang paste and fish sauce but also has a balance of sweet in it as well from the mirin and the sugars. Its intense in flavor from the garlic, ginger and onion marinade and is absolutely delicious on top of some plain white rice. This spicy Korean pork is very good served with rice, kimchi, and salad. Mix in the pork slices, mixing well until completely coated. A jerky that is Sweet and Spicy always hits the spot!