Whole Hog BBQ: Scooter's Method. Cooking a whole hog is the biggest BBQ challenge that there is. We give you the step-by-step guide to cooking a whole hog – competition style. The steps go a little farther than your typical backyard BBQer, but if you take the extra steps you WILL have better hog meat and better.
Ingredients of Whole Hog BBQ: Scooter's Method
- Prepare of Whole Hog.
- You need of Your personal favorite Pork Rub.
- It’s of Pineapples.
- You need of Herb & Garlic marinade.
- It’s of Extra Virgin olive oil.
How to Cook a Whole Pig on Ole Hickory Smoker with Malcom Reed. How to Roast a Whole Pig: There are many different ways to cook a whole pig. You might be familiar with the spit method, or the burying method. Whole hog barbecue stands apart from other barbecue styles.
Whole Hog BBQ: Scooter's Method instructions
- Inject pork shoulders, hams, ribs, and loins with herb and garlic marinade. (I also used the juice off the pineapples, mixed with the marinade).
- Massage entire pig, inside AND out, with olive oil.
- Evenly, and generously, rub the hog down with seasonings (inside and out).
- Place on preheated grill @ 275°, with skin DOWN.
- All fruits and veggies should go inside the hog. I just used onions and pineapples..
- Close the lid on the grill and let it cook for 9hrs. Check periodically to make sure temperature remains steady. May also want to spray with an oil/water mixture to avoid sticking and burning..
It's intimately tied to tradition, earning a distinction as a regional food that hasn't really spread much outside Tennessee and the Carolinas. And while anyone from these regions is likely familiar with with the nuances of whole hog barbecue. Contribute to sbettaglio/whole-hog-bbq development by creating an account on GitHub. Want to be notified of new releases in sbettaglio/whole-hog-bbq? Whole Hog BBQ Sandwich. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.