Flan Puerto Rican.
Ingredients of Flan Puerto Rican
- It’s of The Caramel.
- Prepare 1 Cup of White Sugar.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Water.
- It’s of The Flan.
- You need 1 Cup of White Sugar.
- You need 6 of Eggs.
- You need 2 Cans of Evaporated Milk.
- You need 1 Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
Flan Puerto Rican instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For the Caramel, combine 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in a glass measuring cup or other suitable microwavable bowl..
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes +/- depending on your microwave. Watch towards the end stopping when you reach desired color. Do not overcook and burn..
- Remove from microwave and pour into pans to be used. Tilt to coat bottom. Set aside..
- For flan combine sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla..
- Stir well taking caution to NOT stir aggressively which will introduce too much air. Too much air will create bubbles during cooking. It won't ruin it….but will put bubbles in it. Proper flan should be a solid custard with no bubbles. Got bubbles, enjoy anyway and make another!.
- Pour flan mixture over caramel mixture.
- Put into water bath "Baño de Marie". Make this by lining a larger vessel with a clean towel and putting flan pan inside..
- Pour hot water between the pans up to the halfway point of the Flan pan..
- Carefully put into 350° oven for 1 hr or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Use caution when removing from oven as hot water is still in the "Baio de Marie"..
- Allow to cool slightly, run butter knife around edge to loosen. Put a plate upside down over flan and invert. This will put caramel layer on top..
- ENJOY! And you never thought you could do this!.