Eggnog rice pudding.
Ingredients of Eggnog rice pudding
- It’s of cooked rice.
- It’s of milk (substitutes can work, does change flavor).
- It’s of white sugar (more or less if desired).
- You need of vanilla extract (or vanilla sugar).
- It’s of table spoons cinnamon (more or less to taste).
- It’s of eggs (beaten).
- You need of nutmeg for garnish (gives the nog flavor).
- It’s of salt.
Eggnog rice pudding instructions
- In an enabled pot (or if you are patient any pot on low) heat up the milk, when it starts to simmer ever so slightly put in beaten eggs (always stirring) then add sugar, cinnimon, salt, vanilla..
- Once thoroughly mixed, add rice. Remove from heat (unless using cold rice, then let heat up a bit on burnner). Now desired consistency is up to you, if left this way tends to be thick, just stir in milk a little at a time till a freer desired consistency..
- Pour or scoop into bowls and garnish with nutmeg, can be served hot or cold..