Noah's Pudding (Ashura).
Ingredients of Noah's Pudding (Ashura)
- You need of barley (soak overnight).
- You need of fave beans,canned(or any white beans).
- Prepare of chick beans,canned.
- It’s of cinnamon stick.
- You need of cloves.
- You need of dry apricot.
- Prepare of raisins.
- You need of dry figs.
- You need of apple.
- Prepare of sugar (if you like more sweet add more).
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of chestnuts/toasted (optional).
- It’s of To garnish :.
- It’s of pomegranate seeds.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- Prepare of dry apricots.
- It’s of crushed walnuts.
Noah's Pudding (Ashura) step by step
- Drain and Transfer the barley to a large, deep pan and bring to boil. add cloves and cinnamon stick.Reduce the heat and simmer for about 35 minutes, or until the barley is tender, topping up with the water during the cooking time if necessary..
- Cut figs,apricots into small pieces,place all the dried fruit in separate bowls and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes, then drain.peel and cut apple,into small cubes..
- Barley cooked,drain and rinse peas and beans,add into barley.add drained raisins,and apricots,add figs with their juices.stir..
- Add apples and sugar.keep stirring,about 5 minutes.turn the heat off.Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. leave the pudding to cool…
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the pudding and arrange the sliced dried figs, apricots, sultanas and walnuts over the top.
- Sprinkle pomegranate seeds over generously..
- Little note: make sure you have enough water with barley.because when pudding is cooled,water will shrink,you do not want to eat dry pudding right?.