SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding). Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi Tukra is a rich bread pudding with dry fruits, flavored with cardamom. It's simple to make and a great dessert for times when you're in a hurry. Shahi Toast is rich bread pudding.
Ingredients of SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding)
- You need 7 of bread cut triangles (toasted it with or without ghee).
- It’s (2 cups milk few saffron strings) of Cream milk.
- You need 2 of cardamom.
- It’s 1 tbsn of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsn of cornflour dissolved with milk.
- Prepare of Sugar syrup:.
- You need 1 cup of sugar (can add less).
- You need 1 cup of water few strings.
- It’s of Saffron,.
- Prepare 2 of cardamom and pinch of yellow colour.
- Prepare of Mawa milk:.
- It’s 1 tbsn of ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsn of milk powder.
- You need 1 tbsn of cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
Shahi Tukda means a Royal Piece (of bread, royal because of the use of expensive dry fruits and spices). This desert has origins from Mughlai Cuisine but apparently it has made its way to Indian kitchen due to the usage of common Indian spices and nuts. So you can call it Indian or Mughlai desert. Shahi tukda / Shahi tukra is an Indian bread pudding dessert which has its roots in Mughlai cuisine.
SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding) step by step
- Make the sugar syrup with the above ingredients for sugar syrup. Now make cream milk(like custard) boil 2 cup of milk with saffron, cardamom, sugar then add the dissolved cornflour and mix well till little thick and creamy..
- Now make mawa milk… heat ghee on the pan and add milk, let it boil.. now mix milk powder, then add cream and sugar and mix.remove from heat..
- ASSEMBLE the toasted bread in deep dish, coat the bread with warm sugar syrup (all syrup)now pour the warm cream milk..
- Now with spoon drizzle all the mawa milk, decorate with pistachios and silver leaf(not aluminium foil) enjoy 😊 #newyoutuber #cookpad.
It is very similar to one of the popular desserts in Hyderabadi cuisine which is served at weddings and parties. Shahi Tukda is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. It is also known as Double ka meetha which is a popular dessert of Hyderabad, Telangana. There are various versions of this dish. Shahi Tukda or Double Ka Meeta is an exotic, rich, delicious Indian bread pudding made with fried bread pieces soaked in sugar syrup and lightly spiced milk called rabdi.