Punkin pie bread pudding (I). Pumpkin pie and bread pudding become a dynamic duo in this delicious dessert. I put this together on a whim and loved it. Taste is more comforting than sweet.
Ingredients of Punkin pie bread pudding (I)
- You need of large eggs.
- Prepare of pumpkin puree.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- You need of brown sugar.
- It’s of heavy cream.
- It’s of vanilla extra.
- It’s of milk.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of ground ginger.
- You need of ground cloves.
- Prepare of ground cloves.
- You need of ground nutmeg.
- You need of nonstick cooking spray, for greasing.
- Prepare of brioche bread, cut into 3/4 in (2 cm) cubes.
- Prepare of toasted pecans, chopped, for garnish.
- You need of ginger, candied, minced, for garnish whipped cream, ice scream, for serving.
It's like a baked french toast pumpkin pie. It can be made ahead and is wonderful for brunch or a holiday. Our easy Bread Pudding was basically begging to become pumpkin-fied. Mixing pumpkin puree into the egg base makes this a fall treat worthy of your We love brioche for this bread pudding, but you could use challah, sourdough, or French bread.
Punkin pie bread pudding (I) instructions
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cream, vanilla, milk, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Add the cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg, and whisk to incorporate. Set aside..
- Lightly grease a 9×13-inch (22×33 cm) baking dish with nonstick spray. Add the cubed bread to the dish in an even layer, then pour the pumpkin mixture on top. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, or for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator, to let the bread to soak up the liquid..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Just before baking, toss the bread cubes to redistribute the liquid..
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes, then remove the lid and bake for another 30 minutes, until the pudding is set and beginning to brown..
- Top with the pecans and candied ginger. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!.
- Notes- I was lucky to find this on sale, and it was perfect was a little harder in some spots, like using day old cut bread. I wrapped it up and stuck it in the refrigerator, checking so often, I made this in the morning, an let it sit in the refrigerator till I was ready to cook it for dessert after dinner. I did press down on it as well from time to time..
Just make sure to use day old bread or dry it out in. Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding. By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free Pumpkin PIe Bread Pudding. Pour the coconut milk into a large mixing bowl and. Old-fashioned but never out of style, I got this favorite pumpkin recipe from an elderly aunt.