Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~.
Ingredients of Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Powdered Sugar.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Canola Oil.
- Prepare 2 1/4 of All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cream of Tartar.
- You need 3 of Food dye/coloring.
Soft Sugar Cookies ~Rainbow~ step by step
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, egg, vanilla, and oil..
- In a different bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients..
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture; mix well..
- Separate the dough equally into three small bowls. Add desired food coloring to each bowl of dough. Blend until well combined..
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours..
- Roll out each ball of dough into 3 flat rectangles onto three separate sheets of wax paper. Stack on top of each, wax paper side down..
- Roll out each ball of dough into 3 flat (desired thickness) rectangles, onto three separate sheets of wax paper. Stack on top of each, wax paper side down. Freeze, 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Take out sheets of dough, peel off sheets and press together. Roll tightly into a log. Freeze for 30mins-1hour..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut cookie dough into 1/2-inch slices and place on a cookie sheet about 1-inch apart..
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Do NOT over bake!.
- Cookies should be soft.