Chilli con Carne. This easy chilli con carne recipe is a quick and classic sharing option for a casual night with friends. Find out how to make it at BBC Good Food. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños Chili Con Carne Recipe.
Ingredients of Chilli con Carne
- Bereiten 500 g of best quality diced stewing beef.
- Du brauchst 2 tins of chopped tomatoes.
- Bereiten 5 tbsp of olive oil.
- Es ist 350 g of frozen or tinned sweetcorn.
- Du brauchst 2 of aubergines chopped into 1cm cubes.
- Es ist 2 of courgettes chopped into 1cm cubes.
- Es ist 300 g of small button mushrooms.
- Es ist 350 g of kidney beans (soaked overnight if using from dried).
- Es ist 350 g of cannelini beans (soaked overnight if using from dried).
- Bereiten 500 ml of beef or chicken stock.
- Du brauchst 3 of onions chopped thinly.
- Es ist 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- Du brauchst 3 of carrots chopped small.
- Du brauchst 3 sticks of celery chopped small.
- Es ist 2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Du brauchst 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Es ist 4 tsp of chilli flakes (or to taste).
- Bereiten of Salt and pepper.
- Bereiten 4 tsp of crushed cumin seeds.
- Bereiten 4 tsp of crushed coriander seeds.
To me that combination was strange. Maybe I'm not too adventurous with my chile con carne, but I r. "Chili con Carne". Three little words that describe such a wonderful meal. It literally translates from Spanish to Chili con carne originated in the region spreading Southern Texas and Northern Mexico.
Chilli con Carne Schritt für Schritt
- Fry the beef in 2 tbsp in batches until browned. Scoop out the pan and set aside. Also reserve any cooking juices that escape during frying..
- Use the remaining olive oil to fry the onions, garlic, celery, and carrots on a medium heat until the onions go transparent..
- Add the courgettes and aubergines. Stir frequently to avoid them sticking. Allow the vegetables to go soft adding more olive oil if needed..
- Add the mushrooms and allow to brown slightly..
- Add the paprika, cumin, coriander and chilli..
- Return the meat to the pan and stir..
- Add the meat juices and tinned tomatoes, stock, kidney beans, cannelloni beans, sweet corn and tomato purée..
- Bring to the boil then cook for up to 3 hours on a low heat..
Chili Con Carne is a great way to use up extra ingredients in your kitchen. It may take a while to prepare, but the results are well worth it. Because you end up with such a large amount, it is perfect. Chilli con carne is the affordable mid-week favourite that the whole family will love eating again and The best part about making this easy chilli con carne is that you can make enough for lunch or. This meatless (aka vegan) The lentils and beans ensure the chili is hearty and filling, while the peppers, onion and corn give it that real chili con carne feel.