Boudin stuffed peppers. Top each with about a tablespoon of diced tomatoes. Place stuffed peppers in a baking dish, and add some of the boiled water to the dish. Boudain (Boudin) Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe.
Ingredients of Boudin stuffed peppers
- Es ist 4 of large bell peppers, washed, split long ways, cleaned.
- Es ist 1-1 1/2 lbs of boudin, casings removed.
- Bereiten 1/2 lb of GROUND meat of choice,browned, seasoned and drained. Beef, pork, turkey, chicken, whatever you like, I used beef.
- Es ist 1-1 1/2 cups of cooked white rice.
- Bereiten 28 oz of can tomato sauce.
- Es ist 1/2 lb of shredded smoked gouda.
- Bereiten of Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders.
Boudin (also spelled boudain) is a Cajun sausage made with pork, peppers, and rice that's popular in Southeast Texas and Louisiana. It can be difficult to find outside the region. A turkey roulade is a rolled and stuffed turkey breast and it's great as a beautiful centerpiece and main event entree for Thanksgiving. SAVEUR shows you how to make a delcious turkey roulade.
Boudin stuffed peppers Schritt für Schritt
- Preheat oven to 400. Place split and cleaned peppers in a sprayed dish, I use cast iron. Spray the peppers well with olive oil spray and salt and pepper them. Place them in the oven until the filling is made and it’s time to fill..
- Brown the ground beef. While that’s browning, In a bowl, crumble the boudin. Mix with the cooked rice and the drained cooked beef. Add about a half to 3/4 cup of the tomato sauce to this mixture. Mix well..
- Pack all the filling into the peppers. Drizzle the rest of the tomato sauce over and around the peppers. Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders over that. Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins..
- After 30 mins or so, pull from the oven and uncover. Add a pile of the shredded smoked Gouda to the top of each pepper. Return to oven to melt the cheese, maybe 10 minutes. Done and done..
Here are our favorite stuffed bell pepper recipes for an easy, healthy meal. From ground beef or turkey to vegetarian stuffed peppers, if that's more your style. These stuffed peppers are filled with ground beef, pork, veal, and cooked rice, and it's topped Red ones, yellow ones and orange ones can give your stuffed peppers a different look, and you can use. Stuff boudin mixture into the chicken and sew back together to reform chicken shape. Season chicken well with Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper.